Boston Public Library www.bpl.org
J. Bonsignore shares that there is a great deal to learn about accessing the wide range of information available with the on-line e-Card. I have exploring the history databases. Here is my suggestions for a productive search;
1. Start with the encyclopedia on-line options if you are researching a specific famous person then after this look in history options.
2. The BPL data bases offer greater and more accessible subjects related to U.S. history.
3. BPL offers many full text articles that are accessible and printable. Please be aware that articles listed may not always be accessible in terms of full text options. You will find book reviews or whole books.
4. Sometimes a citation copy may not be present. If you find this to be true, you must create the citation for the information provided and include author, title of article, title of larger journal publication, date and any other volume or page numbers provided. Some articles often have a citation copy and paste page located at the very end of the article.
General Directions to log into the Boston Public Library system:
1. Log in to BPL
2. Go to the top scroll bar find Electronic Resources/select Resources by Subject
3. Left side of screen find the Encyclopedia (start here for famous historical persons)
4. Select General and K-12 as check offs
5. Type in the full name of the person
6. Scroll from title to subject category
7. Click search/gives you a variety of online sources
8. Scan through to find the articles that supply critical information
9. Left side bar options/click History
If the topic is US history select American US, General and K-12 as search options/
Scroll from title to subject and then hit Search
Add these direction on the Bonsignore shared sources--thanks
Basic Directions for getting a Boston Public Library (BPL) Online ECard
1. General Information/Use My Account/click on Get a ECard for working online only
2. Click on Where is registration form?
3. Click under blue highlighted line You can get the registration form here
4. Click Yes/current resident of Massachusetts
5. Click Proceed
6. Fill in all spaces for name/phone number/area code with street address/birthdate the click proceed
7. Fill in email address and confirm/create a four digit pin using only numbers( write down your pin)
8. Click I accept
9. Once you receive your email confirmation/log in to the catalog system and register
10. Welcome to all the BPL resources!